Officially launched at its General Assembly in November 2004, SSEAYP International Cambodia (SIC) was the latest addition to the SSEAYP International family.
Before reaching this heyday, SIC has immensely come a long way. It first began in late 2003 with an Ad-hoc committee consisting of CNLs 2002 and 2003 and Ex-CPYs. In July 2004, with its major groundbreaking work ready, SIC made another major move with all ex-participants meeting up for the first time for membership registration. In October 2004, just a month before its official launch, SIC sent its first representative to the Onboard the Ship Conference (OBSC), another milestone in its young history.
Besides, SIC has also been involved in many important projects. We were the first SI alumni to begin the REN ’04 Penpal Project with Japan, Brunei and Malaysia successively. In May 2005, we sent 5 representatives to SIGA 2005 in Vietnam. And as for SSEAYP this year, SIC also coordinated PY selection, pre-departure orientation, training and workshop sessions, and helped seek sponsors for this year’s batch.
In 2007, SIC will play host to the 19th SSEAYP International General Assembly (SIGA) in Siem Reap, and once again in 2016 we are going to organize the 28th SIGA. We therefore wish to welcome you all to this important post-SSEAYP event in our beautiful land. We promise you the best of fun and joy.
SIC is a center for youth exchange and empowerment where members feel belonged and thus give enough of their contribution, and where PYs as well as other youths to meet up to share ideas and experience to achieve their aspirations.SIC plays a role not only in SSEAYP pre and post activities, but also in social development activities, especially volunteerism. It works with local and international organizations to achieve peace and mutual understanding among ASEAN and Japan.
To encourage and promote youth participation in international and local programs as well as social activities, in order to promote peace, friendship, mutual understanding and leadership.
The main purposes of SSEAYP INTERNATIONAL CAMBODIA are as below:
- To enhance social relations among Cambodian youths who have participated in SSEAYP.
- To develop all activities of SSEAYP INTERNATIONAL CAMBODIA through information exchange on a regular basis.
- To participate in social construction by planning and managing integral projects in response to social needs.
- To arrange exchange programs in order to strengthen the friendship and understanding between ASEAN and Japanese youths.
- To help seek funds in order to achieve the purposes stated in this article.
- To help Youth Department of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports in PY selection for SSEAYP, and involve in their training.
- To strengthen and maintain close relation with associations of ASEAN and Japan, acting as a member of SSEAYP International.